Everyone expresses joy a little differently, but in my house everyone of the female variety tends to express it by singing at the top of their lungs! Jonny Diaz’ song “Joy” is the perfect song to belt it out and get inspired to read through (and pray through) a song in Scripture!
Let’s get energized and try something new as we head over to Psalm 47!
On this episode I discuss:
- Taking a B.I.T.E. out of Scripture – our Bible Interaction Tool Exercises this week are:
- Write out Scripture
- Pray Scripture
- My inspiration to choose Psalm 47 found in the first verse! – Psalm 47:1
- Not being afraid to offer up exuberant praise to God
- The first time God is referenced as Most High in Genesis 14:19-20
- Chasing the trail to Hebrews 5:10 where Jesus is described as a high priest after the order of Melchizedek
- A warning to not treat God too casually, but to revere Him
- Recognizing God’s pattern of conquering even the fiercest of obstacles
- Celebrating our heritage in Christ because God CHOSE us and ADOPTED us – Ephesians 1:4-5
- Considering joy welling up and spilling over in God – Psalm 47:5
- The importance of paying attention to repetition in Scripture – Psalm 47:6-7
- How God has not abdicated His throne to the evil one – Psalm 47:8
- Gathering together as God’s people under His shields (plural) of protection – Psalm 47:9
Subscribe to More Than a Song in iTunes or Stitcher Radio and never miss an episode! [button href=”https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/more-than-a-song/id829432908?mt=2″ primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in iTunes[/button][button href=”http://app.stitcher.com/browse/feed/45801/details” primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in Stitcher Radio[/button]
If you have never heard this song before, you can watch an unofficial lyric video on YouTube below.
Download the single or the entire album by clicking the link below.
This Week’s Challenge
Try the Bible Interaction Tool Exercises introduced on this week’s podcast! Choose Psalm 47 or another one of your favorite Psalms. Write out each verse on one side of a note card and compose a prayer using the content or ideas from the verse on the other. Then review the note cards each day. Ponder and perhaps even journal your thoughts of what Scripture is saying. Feel free to use other B.I.T.E.s like cross-references or word studies, too!
Click Below to Listen to the Podcast Now!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download