Over and over in the Bible people seem to “get it all wrong” when it comes to God and His ways. You see offenders in both the Old Testament and the New. When will we learn that our thoughts and ways are nothing like His thoughts and ways? “The Cure,” by Unspoken, points us to an important scene with Jesus.
Not only is Jesus the cure for our brokenness, but He has an important message for us in Mark 2.
On this episode I discuss:
- Taking a B.I.T.E. out of Scripture – this week’s Bible Interaction Tool Exercises include
- The ugliness of my own sin as revealed by our focus Scripture – Mark 2:13-17
- Jesus’ choice of dinner guests should be similar to our own – Mark 2:15
- Getting serious with ourselves as to what a “disreputable sinner” looks like to us (warning: your description will be different mine)
- The kind of people who need a doctor – Mark 2:17
- Jesus isn’t afraid of our sin. He calls us. He invites us to the table.
- My prayer of repentance
Subscribe to More Than a Song in iTunes or Stitcher Radio and never miss an episode! [button href=”https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/more-than-a-song/id829432908?mt=2″ primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in iTunes[/button][button href=”http://app.stitcher.com/browse/feed/45801/details” primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in Stitcher Radio[/button]
If you have never heard this song before, you can watch the official lyric video on YouTube below.
Download the single or entire album by clicking the link below.
This Week’s Challenge
Click Below to Listen to the Podcast Now!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download