In order to be redeemed, you have to be held by something, and there must be a redeemer to pay the price. Sin holds every person captive and Jesus paid the price on the cross for sin. On today’s episode, however, we learn that it is not until a person recognizes his sin that he seeks to be bought out of the slave market. Big Daddy Weave’s song, “Redeemed” leads us straight to Ephesians and to a discussion of what it means to be redeemed.
Today’s episode give us a deeper understanding of what it means to be redeemed and ultimately brings even greater meaning to the lyrics of the song.
On this episode I discuss:
- Our struggles…what is holding us captive
- Redemption in the Old Testament
- Redemption in the New Testament
- Paul’s letter to the Ephesians
- Redemption as God’s plan from before the creation of the world
- Ephesians 1:4-8
- John 8:34
- Romans 6:17
- Romans 7:14
- Romans 8:21
- Romans 6:23
- Hebrews 9:22
- Word study on “redemption”
- Philippians 1:6
Subscribe to More Than a Song in iTunes or Stitcher Radio and never miss an episode! [button href=”https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/more-than-a-song/id829432908?mt=2″ primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in iTunes[/button][button href=”http://app.stitcher.com/browse/feed/45801/details” primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in Stitcher Radio[/button]
If you have never heard this song before, you can watch the official music video on YouTube below.
- Download the single or the entire album from Amazon – click below
- iPod Devotional by Dave Burchett
- “Redemption Through His Blood” Sermon by John MacArthur
- International Standard Bible Encyclopedia Online – Redeemer, Redemption
This Week’s Challenge
Read Ephesians. Alternate reading all the way through (all six chapters) and meditating on key Scriptures that God leads you to.