If a character in the Bible were to sing Michael W. Smith’s new song, “You Won’t Let Go”, which character would you choose? That is the thought journey I took this week and I think you might be surprised at who I came up with.
As always, my goal is not for you to focus on the lyrics of the song as much as where it might point you in Scripture.
On this episode I discuss:
- Seeking to see the characters in the Bible as REAL people
- My recent experience of “Jonah” at the Sights and Sounds Theatre in Branson, MO
- Not adding to Scripture, but allowing meditation and consideration to bring characters to life in our minds
- Could Paul sing this song?
- Romans 8:38-39
- Could David sing this song?
- Psalm 23
- Could Peter write this song?
- Peter’s sermon in Acts 2
- A discussion on cross references
- Psalm 16
Subscribe to More Than a Song in iTunes or Stitcher Radio and never miss an episode! [button href=”https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/more-than-a-song/id829432908?mt=2″ primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in iTunes[/button][button href=”http://app.stitcher.com/browse/feed/45801/details” primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in Stitcher Radio[/button]
If you have never heard this song before, you can watch the official lyric video on YouTube below.
- Download the single or the entire album from Amazon – click below
This Week’s Challenge
Start with Peter’s sermon in Acts chapter 2 to understand the cross reference to Psalm 16. Study Psalm 16 this week and consider it in the voice of Jesus.
Click Below to Listen to the Podcast Now!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download