To know if something is “better” than something else, you need to understand both sides completely. Elevation Worship’s song “Better Word” sends us to the Old Testament and the New to see why the blood of Christ speaks the better word.
I can’t wait to journey from Genesis to Hebrews with you this week.
On this week’s episode I discuss:
- Taking a B.I.T.E. out of Scripture – this week’s Bible Interaction Tool Exercises include:
- Compare and contrast
- Follow the cross reference
- Read in context
- Make a list
- The 30 Day Music Challenge – ACCEPT THE CHALLENGE HERE
- The inspiration verse that speaks of the “better word” – Hebrews 12:24
- Following the cross reference to read the story of Abel – Genesis 4:1-12
- How Scripture uses personification to help us understand the comparison and contrast between the blood of Christ and the blood of Abel
- How Abel’s blood cries out for vengeance while Christ’s blood cries out for forgiveness for the children of God
- Reading Hebrews 12 in context while consider the story of Cain and Abel
- Making a list comparing and contrasting the old and new covenants described in Hebrews 12
Check out the official audio on YouTube below:
More Than a Song Playlist
- Lyrics and chords – Essential Worship
Read Hebrews 12 in context. There are so many things to compare and contrast in this chapter. When there is an Old Testament reference like Abel and Esau, track down the cross reference and study up on those accounts as well. Make a list of the characteristics of the old covenant and the new covenant as described in Hebrews 12.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download