How many times will you walk by a nativity scene this Christmas season? Are you like me? Have you become numb to the REAL story behind the figurines? This week’s song, “Real” by Nichole Nordeman, reminds us of the REAL people in this familiar scene.
I hope this song will inspire you to take a closer look at Scripture and give you a tool that you can use EVERY TIME you read the stories of Biblical characters.
In this week’s episode, I discuss:
- The tool of remembering that Biblical characters are REAL
- Al Andrews’s short story, “Real – A Christmas Story”
- Luke 2:1-7
- What Mary may have experienced and felt
- Luke 1:28-38
- A closer look at Luke 2:7
- What we can do to ensure Biblical characters stay “real” to us
- Read the details that are really there
- Do a little research
- Take time to imagine how you would feel in their situation and overlay that with historical details the character may have had to endure
Enjoy the official lyric video below.
- The story behind how the song came to be
- Article from ChristianAnswers.net on Myths About Christmas
- An article from CatholicIreland.net on the details of the journey shown in the Christmas story
This Week’s Challenge
Read the Christmas story details in Luke and Matthew in various versions. Consider another “character” in the Christmas story and follow the three steps outlined in today’s episode to ensure this character comes to life in your mind because, after all, they were REAL.