A proper view of ourselves is key in our relationship with God and others. Casting Crowns’ song, “Who Am I”, extracts truth from Scripture and embeds it into our hearts and minds with memorable phrases and Biblical perspective.
This week’s journey takes us through the question of not only, “Who am I?”, but “Who am I in Christ?”
On this week’s episode I discuss:
- Our need for identity
- How others define who we are
- Examples of how God’s Word defines who we are through Christian music I’ve already used on this podcast
- Even David asked this question in Psalms 8:4
- I link back the lyrics to Scripture
- The Lord of all the earth – Psalms 24:1
- The Bright and Morning Star – Revelation 22:16
- Christ looking on sin and watching someone rise again – John 8
- Jesus calming the storm – Mark 4
- We are flowers quickly fading – 1 Peter 1:23-25
- We are tossed about like waves – Ephesians 4:13-15
- Our lives are like a vapor in the wind – James 4:14
- A final encouraging reminder that we BELONG to Him! We are His!
Subscribe to More Than a Song in iTunes or Stitcher Radio and never miss an episode! [button href=”https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/more-than-a-song/id829432908?mt=2″ primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in iTunes[/button][button href=”http://app.stitcher.com/browse/feed/45801/details” primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in Stitcher Radio[/button]
If you have never heard this song before, you can watch a lyric video on YouTube below.
Download the single or the entire album by clicking the links below