Reviewing the Christmas story can warm our hearts with the familiar, but examining the characters in new ways can bring a richness to the story you may never have considered. Sidewalk Prophet’s song, “What a Glorious Night,” puts the shepherds (and their experience in the Christmas story) front and center. It gives us a unique opportunity to consider this repeated story in a fresh and exciting way.
I pray my response to God’s message will always be the same as the shepherds that glorious night.
On this episode I discuss:
- Several of my favorite Bible Interaction Tools that make covering familiar passages exciting
- Remembering the characters are real
- Slowing down to ponder and meditate on the details
- Reading the same section of Scripture in a variety of translations
- Reading in context
- Reading/studying with others
- Considering the shepherd’s 5 senses and what they may have experienced – Luke 2:8-12
- How to define the “radiance of the Lord’s glory”
- What we can learn from the shepherd’s response to confirm what the angel said – Luke 2:15-16
- Thinking of the shepherds as the first evangelists – Luke 2:17-18
Subscribe to More Than a Song in iTunes or Stitcher Radio and never miss an episode! [button href=”https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/more-than-a-song/id829432908?mt=2″ primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in iTunes[/button][button href=”http://app.stitcher.com/browse/feed/45801/details” primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in Stitcher Radio[/button]
If you have never heard this song before, you can watch a lyric video on YouTube below.
Download the single or album by clicking the link below.
- Lyrics and Story Behind the Song – New Release Today
- Behind the Song with Sidewalk Prophets on YouTube
- Seven Characteristics of Highly Evangelistic Christians – by Thom Rainer – The Christian Post