Not only does this week’s song, “Write Your Story” by Francesca Battistelli, lead us back to Scripture, but it follows a wonderful model that we can use for another habit that leads to spiritual maturity…prayer.
I hope this week’s episode will not only inspire you to delve into Scripture this week, but give you a solid model for prayer.
On this episode I discuss:
- The model for prayer – A.C.T.S. – Adoration, Confession, Thanksgiving and Supplication
- Job (specifically the characteristics of God we can learn from chapters 38-41)
- How the song leads us to use the ACTS model
- Adoration – acknowledging God for WHO He is
- Confession – not just admitting guilt, but to declare openly – even to praise and celebrate
- Thanksgiving – thanking God for WHAT He has done
- Supplication – request to God to take some action
Subscribe to More Than a Song in iTunes or Stitcher Radio and never miss an episode! [button href=”https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/more-than-a-song/id829432908?mt=2″ primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in iTunes[/button][button href=”http://app.stitcher.com/browse/feed/45801/details” primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in Stitcher Radio[/button]
If you have never heard this song before, you can watch the live version on YouTube below.
- What Happens When Women Pray by Evelyn Christenson
- Download the single or the entire album from Amazon – click below
- The story behind the song – video – CCM Magazine
- Behind the song – article – New Release Tuesday
This Week’s Challenge
Read the Book of Job. Or if you cannot commit to that, read chapters 38-42 where you will discover characteristics of God that you can use in your prayer time as adoration. The second part of the homework this week is to try using the model for prayer discussed on this episode…A.C.T.S.
Click Below to Listen to the Podcast Now!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download