Have you noticed that Jesus does not calm the storm BEFORE he calls Peter to step out onto the water? You will notice this and more as you meditate on Matthew’s account of Jesus and Peter walking on water this week. Once the story becomes alive in ways you never thought possible, every time you hear Hillsong United’s song “Oceans (Where Feet May Fail)” you will be drawn into the narrative again and hopefully be encouraged as God calls you into deeper waters with Him.
As He calls you to deeper waters, He will give you His courage and hold your hand all the way.
On this episode, I discuss:
- The context of what this week’s song highlights – Matthew 14:22-33
- 4 ways to engage Scripture
- Detailed ideas on how to meditate on Scripture starting this week!
- How this song and the related Scripture has impacted me
- Allowing music to open our hearts as we cry out to God in worship and prayer
- Our memory verse for this week and a word study on “take courage”
Subscribe to More Than a Song in iTunes or Stitcher Radio and never miss an episode!
[button href=”https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/more-than-a-song/id829432908?mt=2″ primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in iTunes[/button][button href=”http://app.stitcher.com/browse/feed/45801/details” primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in Stitcher Radio[/button]
If you have never heard this song before, you can watch the official lyric video below.
- Download Hillsong United’s “Oceans (Where Feel May Fail) from iTunes
- Story behind the song – YouTube Video by Hillsong UNITED
- Psalm 119:15
- Word study for “meditate”
- Mandisa’s TEDx talk