Have you noticed that Jesus does not calm the storm BEFORE he calls Peter to step out onto the water? You will notice this and more as you meditate on Matthew’s account of Jesus and Peter walking on water this week. Once the story becomes alive in ways you never thought possible, every time you hear Hillsong United’s song “Oceans (Where Feet May Fail),” you will be drawn into the narrative again and hopefully be encouraged as God calls you into deeper waters with Him.
As He calls you to deeper waters, He will give you His courage and hold your hand all the way.
In this episode, I discuss the following:
- The context of what this week’s song highlights – Matthew 14:22-33
- Four ways to engage Scripture
- Detailed ideas on how to meditate on Scripture starting this week!
- How this song and the related Scripture have impacted me
- Allowing music to open our hearts as we cry out to God in worship and prayer
- Our memory verse for this week and a word study on “take courage”
Enjoy the official lyric video below.