There are many sorrows in the world today that we can point to, but even in the midst of the sin trouble we see around us, it is evident that God is still on the move! That is why the message of this week’s song by 7eventh Time Down, “God Is On The Move,” is so powerful.
Even though the Bible is FULL of examples of God being “on the move,” one of the most epic periods in my mind is the early church.
- How much I love the Book of Acts and my Papa’s challenge to me as a young woman
- Taking a B.I.T.E. out of Scripture – our Bible Interaction Tool Exercises this week is:
- Discuss what you’re learning with a friend
- How God was on the move in the early church
- A quick recap of the events that led to Peter’s first Spirit-filled sermon that led to 3,000 new souls saved for Christ – Acts 2:41
- How the new believers built community after that – Acts 2:42
- The apostle’s teaching – 1 John 1:1-4
- Breaking bread
- The excitement generated when God is on the move
- Those who respond with wonder and amazement – Acts 3:10 ESV
- Those who will be utterly astounded – Acts 3:11 ESV
- The opposition when God is on the move
- Wise advice to prevent finding yourself opposing God – Acts 5:38-39
- How we should respond when God is on the move
- Responding by standing on the Truth
Subscribe to More Than a Song in iTunes or Stitcher Radio and never miss an episode! [button href=”https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/more-than-a-song/id829432908?mt=2″ primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in iTunes[/button][button href=”http://app.stitcher.com/browse/feed/45801/details” primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in Stitcher Radio[/button]
If you have never heard this song before, you can watch the official lyric video on YouTube below.
Download the single or the album by clicking the link below.