Is it possible to be grateful for pain? It’s all about perspective. We are all willing to endure pain if we believe the final result to be worth it. Hawk Nelson’s song, “Diamonds,” has me thinking about the refining process. This song, and the Scripture we uncover on this episode, may be the revelation you need to make it through whatever fiery trial you are enduring.
Stick with me and you will see that God has a “place of abundance” for you on the other side of this refining.
On this episode I discuss:
- The difference between un-biblical and non-biblical
- The article I used as inspiration for my main points today – Blog Article by June Hunt
- Taking a B.I.T.E. out of Scripture – our Bible Interaction Tool Exercises this week are:
- Explore a topic
- Make a list
- Psalm 66 with our focus area – Psalm 66:8-12
- God as our Refiner – Psalm 66:10
- Allowing God’s Word to break us – Jeremiah 23:29
- The crucible (a fireproof melting pot able to withstand extreme heat) – Proverbs 17:3
- Removing dross (impurities) so that we can be formed into a useful vessel – Proverbs 25:4
- How the refining process is not a one-and-done affair – Psalm 12:6
- How God wants to use our affliction to refine us – Isaiah 48:10
- How our afflictions and trials refine our faith – 1 Peter 1:6-7
- That although Psalm 66:12 speaks of going through fire and water, Isaiah 43:1-4 speaks of God’s redemption of these circumstances because we are precious in His sight (might I add, not unlike diamonds!)
Subscribe to More Than a Song in iTunes or Stitcher Radio and never miss an episode! [button href=”https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/more-than-a-song/id829432908?mt=2″ primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in iTunes[/button][button href=”http://app.stitcher.com/browse/feed/45801/details” primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in Stitcher Radio[/button]
If you have never heard this song before, you can watch the official lyric video on YouTube below.
Download the single by clicking the link below.
This Week’s Challenge
Ponder this topic of refining. Read Psalm 66 in context and then follow up on the other references I list in the show notes. Allow God’s Word to break you so that He can refine you and remove the dross from your life. Be patient in this process. The Refiner will repeatedly subject you to high heat to refine you, but all of this is because you are precious and honored in His sight — and He loves you.