How do you built a solid foundation of hope? Make sure you base it on something real and true…like God’s Word. Tenth Avenue North sings of truth in their song “I Have This Hope.” Their lyrics come from Scripture, but their hope comes from God. You can deepen your hope by going deeper into God’s Word.
Don’t stay on the surface! Spend time in Isaiah 43 this week!
On this episode I discuss:
- Taking a B.I.T.E. out of Scripture – this week’s Bible Interaction Tool Exercises include:
- Make a list
- Meditate on God’s Word
- How you cannot have hope in the depth of your soul without digging a foundation of knowledge and understanding of God’s Word
- You cannot have depth by merely listening to Christian music
- You cannot have depth by reading Scripture art each day or even a daily devotional
- The verse alluded to in the lyrics that inspired me to spend time in Isaiah 43 this week – Isaiah 43:2
- The amazing characteristics of God found in Isaiah 43
- The amazing things God thinks of us found in Isaiah 43
- What we do that wearies the Lord
- What He has planned for the future
Subscribe to More Than a Song in iTunes or Stitcher Radio and never miss an episode! [button href=”https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/more-than-a-song/id829432908?mt=2″ primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in iTunes[/button][button href=”http://app.stitcher.com/browse/feed/45801/details” primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in Stitcher Radio[/button]
If you have never heard this song before, you can listen to the official audio on YouTube below.
Download the single or entire album by clicking the link below.
- Story Behind the Song “I Have This Hope” by Tenth Avenue North – New Release Today Article
This Week’s Challenge
Read Isaiah 43, of course! Pull out a piece of paper or a journal and make a list of the characteristics of God you see in this chapter. Make another list of what God says about us. Use the characteristics of God in your daily prayer and praise time. Allow the many profound truths in this chapter to make their way into the depths of your soul through meditation, prayer, and purposed study. And don’t forget to share it with a friend! Sow the seed that has been sown in you.
Click Below to Listen to the Podcast Now!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download