Have you ever been afraid to pray because you aren’t sure you are doing it “right”? Riley Clemmons, in her song “Broken Prayers,” reminds us that God is not afraid of how we are feeling. We can be real with Him in the midst of the messy.
The psalmist in Psalm 44 gives us an example of crying out to God from a desperately broken place. Let’s explore it together.
On this episode I discuss:
- Taking a B.I.T.E. out of Scripture – this week’s Bible Interaction Tool Exercises include:
- Read in context (the entire Psalm 44)
- How the order of the Psalm is significant
- Starting with remembering what God has done and WHO He is
- Charles Spurgeon writes, “When fathers are tongue tied religiously with their offspring, need they wonder if their children’s hearts remain sin tied?”
- Acknowledging the victories belong to God (even if he uses us in the process)
- Putting our trust in Him, not in the tools He gives us to fight the battle
- Diving into the messy feelings of rejection, retreat, feeling devoured, being scattered, feeling worthless
- Enduring the tragic even while following hard after God
Subscribe/Follow More Than a Song and never miss an episode! [button href=”https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/more-than-a-song/id829432908?mt=2″ primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in iTunes[/button][button href=”http://app.stitcher.com/browse/feed/45801/details” primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in Stitcher Radio[/button][button href=”https://open.spotify.com/show/0gkDArs6fXJuKKjOXwtVtg” primary=”false” centered=”false” newwindow=”false”]Follow in Spotify[/button]
If you have never heard this song before, you can watch the official music video on YouTube below.
- Purchase the album or single on Amazon
- Lyrics and chords
- Story behind the song “Broken Prayers” by Riley Clemmons – YouTube Video
This Week’s Challenge
Click Below to Listen to the Podcast Now!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download