Major decisions in life often determine our final destination. But what about our daily choices, like the attitudes we choose? For King and Country challenges us all in their song “joy.” to choose joy in the midst of trials. Of course, they didn’t come up with that on their own…it’s all over Scripture.
Let’s consider what God’s Word has to say on the matter on a journey from James to the Psalms to Romans.
On this week’s episode I discuss:
- Taking a B.I.T.E. out of Scripture – this week’s Bible Interaction Tool Exercises include:
- Complete a word study
- Read in context
- Write out Scripture
- Make observations
- Write out Scripture in your own words
- Choosing joy with perspective – James 1:2-4
- Word study on “consider” – hégeomai – BibleHub.com
- Finding joy in God’s presence
- 1 Chronicles 16:27
- Psalm 16:11
- Psalm 28:7 (We soak in this Psalm on Episode 223)
- Galatians 5:22
- Discovering joy through following God’s ways
- Psalm 1:1-3
- Psalm 19:8
- Psalm 119:1-3
- Reflecting on the relationship trials detailed in Romans 14 and 15
- Focusing in on Romans 15:13
- Observing God’s role in joy and my role in joy
- Discovering that our joy is not only for ourselves
Check out the official music video for this week’s song below!
- Lyrics and Chords
- Story Behind the Song “joy.” by For King and Country – YouTube Video
This Week’s Challenge
Read Romans 14 and 15. Contemplate the big relationship picture you see there. Write out Romans 15:13 in your own hand. Make some observations. Reflect on what you’ve learned and incorporate it into writing the verse out in your own words. Respond to what God is teaching you through your study…either in prayer, repentance, or action. And then as you encounter trials lead out with joy!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download