I want to increase my “wonder level” when it comes to how I view my God. TobyMac sings of a change of posture in his song “Edge of My Seat.” Lean in to Scripture with me this week. Let’s sit on the edge of our seat in anticipation and appreciation for all the Lord will do and has done.
Explore Psalm 40 with me this week and see where it connects in the New Testament.
On this week’s episode I discuss:
- Taking a B.I.T.E. out of Scripture – this week’s Bible Interaction Tool Exercises include:
- Restate the Scripture in your own words
- Write your prayers around the Scripture you are studying
- Follow the cross references
- Make a list
- The book I’ve been reading about awe – “Awe: Why It Matters for Everything We Think, Say, and Do” by Paul David Tripp
- The story behind the song “Edge of My Seat” by TobyMac – YouTube Video
- Viewing life from the edge of our seat is a posture of the heart
- My own “edge of my seat” experience, and what I learned – Jeremiah 29:13
- Simeon as a biblical example of someone sitting on the edge of their seat – Episode 303
- Our inspiration verse that places us in Psalm 40 for the week – Psalm 40:5
- Writing this verse in my own words and composing prayers along the way
- Discovering Jesus in this Psalm as proven by the cross reference in Hebrews – Psalm 40:6-8, Hebrews 10:1-18
Check out the official audio version on YouTube below.
More Than a Song Playlist
Follow the More Than a Song 2020 playlist in Spotify…new songs added each week!
- Lyrics – Klove.com
- “Edge of My Seat” by TobyMac Song Story – YouTube Video
This Week’s Challenge
Study Psalm 40 this week. Interact with God’s Word. Restate these verses in your own words. Add your prayers back to God in what you are writing. Follow the cross reference to Hebrews 10 and see the wondrous act of our Savior as the final sacrifice for our sin. May our posture be that of wondrous expectation, and may God meet us there.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download