Before this week’s song, “Let Them See You” by the JJ Weeks Band was a song, it was a prayer that the lead singer, JJ, would pray every day. This prayer has led me to Psalm 78 and a discussion on legacy found in God’s Word.
Scripture will challenge us this week to remember His promises and repeat them to others. I can’t wait to see what God will do in you this week.
On this week’s episode I discuss:
- Letting our children see God working in and around us by sharing more
- Our responsibility to teach our children found in Deuteronomy 6:5-9
- God’s call to tell the next generation of His glorious deeds found in Psalm 78
- The idea of repeating and remembering
- How can you repeat God’s commands if you do not know them?
- How can you remember what God has done if you do not record it?
- Allowing God to strip away all that “defines us”
Subscribe to More Than a Song in iTunes or Stitcher Radio and never miss an episode! [button href=”https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/more-than-a-song/id829432908?mt=2″ primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in iTunes[/button][button href=”http://app.stitcher.com/browse/feed/45801/details” primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in Stitcher Radio[/button]
If you have never heard this song before, you can watch the official lyric video on YouTube below.
Download the single or the entire album from Amazon – click below
This Week’s Challenge
Read Psalm 78. Then read or listen to it every day for an entire week. Through that repetition and the Spirit’s prompting, underline any phrases or verses that jump out at you and write them on a sticky note or note card to review separately. At some point during the week or near the week’s end, write a summary of the Psalm in your own words and then share it with someone. Identify your “aha” moment in the Psalm and write that down. Write down how you think that should impact your life right now and what you are supposed to DO as a result of this new insight. Finally, sow that seed into the life of someone else before the week is up.