This week’s song leads me down memory lane to one of my favorite childhood songs, “The Little Light of Mine.” The band, Unspoken, however, makes a bolder request when they sing out “Start a Fire.” Happily, both songs lead us to our desired destination…God’s Word.
Join me on a journey to one of Jesus’ most famous sermons and Paul last letter.
On this week’s episode I discuss:
- A childhood song this song reminds me of
- The story shown in the music video
- Letting your light shine right where you are
- Matthew 5
- The cost of letting our light shine
- The reward of letting our light shine
- Prayers for the persecuted
- The word “blessed” found in the beatitudes in the Amplified Bible
- “Fan into flame” found in 2 Timothy 1
- 2 Timothy 1:6 in the Amplified Bible
- Following Paul’s direction to “fan the flame”
- Sowing the seeds we have received
Subscribe to More Than a Song in iTunes or Stitcher Radio and never miss an episode! [button href=”https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/more-than-a-song/id829432908?mt=2″ primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in iTunes[/button][button href=”http://app.stitcher.com/browse/feed/45801/details” primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in Stitcher Radio[/button]
If you have never heard this song before, you can watch the music video on YouTube below.
Download the single or album from Amazon – click below
This Week’s Challenge
Click Below to Listen to the Podcast Now!