Perspective. When you change it, you can see the familiar in a whole new light. That is what this week’s song, “Hurricane” by Natalie Grant, did for me as I listened to it and pondered the lyrics while exploring in God’s Word.
Spoiler alert! Sometimes God calls you to journey out into the middle of the storm instead of calming it.
On this episode I discuss:
- Getting up close and personal with Natalie Grant recently
- Avoiding the “checklist mentality” when it comes to your time in God’s Word
- Using perspective (and specifically a change in perspective) as a Bible interaction tool
- Reading Matthew 14:22-33 from the perspective of Jesus
- Jesus walked TOWARD the disciples in the midst of their storm
- Jesus didn’t hesitate to grab a hold of Peter
Subscribe to More Than a Song in iTunes or Stitcher Radio and never miss an episode! [button href=”https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/more-than-a-song/id829432908?mt=2″ primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in iTunes[/button][button href=”http://app.stitcher.com/browse/feed/45801/details” primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in Stitcher Radio[/button]
If you have never heard this song before, you can watch the official lyric video on YouTube below.
Download the single or the entire album by clicking the links below