Do you ever feel trapped by your past? Defined by your heritage? Have you ever experienced such trouble and distress that you felt out of options? The chains that bind you are not too heavy for our Rescuer. TobyMac’s song, “Love Broke Thru” tells the story of his conversion. It leads us to discover a story of a man in the Old Testament who was a “hopeless fool” yet Love broke through to him, too.
We all have a choice. Will we allow Love to break through to us?
On this episode I discuss:
- Taking a B.I.T.E. out of Scripture – this week’s Bible Interaction Tool Exercises include:
- Follow the cross references
- Remember the characters in the Bible were REAL
- A laundry list of the evil practices of Manasseh – 2 Chronicles 33:1-9
- WHY Manasseh was so bent on restoring the evil practices his father was committed to eradicating
- The story of Manasseh’s father, Hezekiah, as told in 2 Chronicles 29-32 and Isaiah 36-39
- What it means to tear down the “high places” in our own lives
- The choice we have in our distress – 2 Chronicles 33:12 or 2 Chronicles 28:22
- That despite appearances, Manasseh was not too far gone – Episode 133
- While we may be shaped by our past and our heritage, we don’t have to choose to be defined by it in our future
Subscribe to More Than a Song in iTunes or Stitcher Radio and never miss an episode! [button href=”https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/more-than-a-song/id829432908?mt=2″ primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in iTunes[/button][button href=”http://app.stitcher.com/browse/feed/45801/details” primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in Stitcher Radio[/button]
If you have never heard this song before, you can watch the official music video on YouTube below.
Download the single by clicking the link below.