Have you ever said a word and all of a sudden begin to question if you are using it properly, or if it’s really a word at all? Maybe that’s just me, but sometimes I wonder if we really understand the gospel. This week’s song, “The Gospel” by Ryan Stevenson, drew me to Scripture to explore and confirm what the good news really is.
Come with me on a journey from a dusty prophet’s desk, to a crowded synagogue, to a compelling apostle’s letter as we consider the gospel.
On this episode I discuss:
- Taking a B.I.T.E. out of Scripture – this week’s Bible Interaction Tool Exercises include:
- Use section headings
- Follow cross references
- Slow down
- Refer to several translations
- The prophet Isaiah’s recording of what the coming Messiah will offer – Isaiah 61:1-2
- Jesus fulfilling the prophecy – Luke 4:14-21
- When you hear the good news that Jesus is the good news, cast aside the limiting belief that you already know Him – Luke 4:22
- Paul’s reminder, warning, and challenge to those who have received the gospel – 1 Corinthians 15:1-11
- What it means to “believe in vain”
- A homework assignment to explore Paul’s conversion – you can use Episode #133 for help
- The gospel has nothing to do with us, but it should display results through us
Subscribe to More Than a Song in iTunes or Stitcher Radio and never miss an episode! [button href=”https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/more-than-a-song/id829432908?mt=2″ primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in iTunes[/button][button href=”http://app.stitcher.com/browse/feed/45801/details” primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in Stitcher Radio[/button]
If you have never heard this song before, you can watch to the official lyric video on YouTube below.
Download the single by clicking the link below.
This Week’s Challenge
Read Isaiah 61, Luke 4, and 1 Corinthians 15 for yourself! We’ve laid a wonderful head start for you to tie it all together. Slow down and use the tools at your fingertips to really soak in Scripture. Let go of the limiting belief that you know Jesus enough. Answer Paul’s challenge. Have you believed in a faint resemblance of the gospel, or the real thing? And are you holding fast and standing firm in it? Finally, this is a great week to share what you are learning with a friend. Just share truth and let the Holy Spirit do the rest.
Click Below to Listen to the Podcast Now!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download