It is so easy for me to fall into the trap of allowing what others think of me to determine my identity. There is really only ONE who has the authority to tell me who I am…and that is my Creator. Lauren Daigle’s new song “You Say” inspired a sort of scavenger hunt through Scripture to discover who we really are in HIM.
Let’s discover what God’s Word has to say about it and stand in faith and belief on what it says.
On this week’s episode I discuss:
- Taking a B.I.T.E. out of Scripture – this week’s Bible Interaction Tool Exercises include:
- Read in context
- Ask Questions
- You say I am loved – Ephesians 2:4-5
- Asking these questions…
- What do I learn about God?
- What do I learn about people?
- What do I learn about relating to God? Is there something I can praise or thank Him for? Is there a sin I can confess and repent from? Is there a promise or truth to believe?
- You say I am strong – 2 Corinthians 12:7-10
- Paul learned to be content with weakness because it put the strength of Christ on full display
- You say I am held – Isaiah 41:9-10
- Everything God says of US is directly related to HIM
- You say I am Yours – Isaiah 43:1-7
- Placing our identity in God’s strong, capable, and uplifting hands
- Allowing the Word of God to work in us – 1 Thessalonians 2:13
Subscribe/Follow More Than a Song and never miss an episode! [button href=”https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/more-than-a-song/id829432908?mt=2″ primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in iTunes[/button][button href=”http://app.stitcher.com/browse/feed/45801/details” primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in Stitcher Radio[/button][button href=”https://open.spotify.com/show/0gkDArs6fXJuKKjOXwtVtg” primary=”false” centered=”false” newwindow=”false”]Follow in Spotify[/button]
Watch the official music video below.
- Story Behind the Song “You Say” by Lauren Daigle – CCM Magazine Article
- Chords and Lyrics – Worship Chords