Did you know that you could actually hear the best news ever, and it is for you, and you could miss it? It happens all the time. MercyMe sings of the “Best News Ever” and inspired me to head into Scripture to see what we can do to make sure we don’t miss out.
It’s a simple call from the mouth of Jesus. Have you responded?
On this episode I discuss:
- Taking a B.I.T.E. out of Scripture – this week’s Bible Interaction Tool Exercises include:
- Read in context
- Listen to an audio version of Scriptures
- Complete a word study
- Our destination this week – Matthew 11:28-30
- The importance to Matthew that things happened to Jesus to specifically fulfill prophecy
- Sitting in the tension of Scripture when you’re not really sure what it means
- Religious people of Jesus’ day completely missed the fact that he was the Messiah – John 5:39-40
- My desire that my listeners would study Scripture, but that they wouldn’t miss Jesus in the process
- Jesus’ call to us…”come to me”
- Completing a word study on “yoke” – BibleHub.com
- The yoke of Christ is like any other – it unites us to Him to move and work together as one
- How Christ’s commands are to be submitted to. It’s just that they bring balance to our lives, not burden – 1 John 5:3
Subscribe to/Follow More Than a Song and never miss an episode!
If you have never heard this song before, you can watch the official lyric video on YouTube below.
Follow the More Than a Song 2019 playlist in Spotify…new songs added each week!
This Week’s Challenge
Read Matthew 10-12 to gain the context of your focus text. Sit in the tension of what Jesus is saying in Matthew 11:25-30. Meditate on verses 28-30 and in that moment choose to come to Christ with your burden. Exchange your way for His way. That this option is even on the table truly is the Best News Ever.