Today has not caught God off-guard. No matter the circumstance you find yourself in, He’s already there and He already knows what will happen next. JJ Heller’s new song, “You Already Know,” reminds us of God’s omniscience — the attribute of God that means He is all-knowing.
Join me in exploring this attribute of God in Scripture this week.
On this week’s episode I discuss:
- Taking a B.I.T.E. out of Scripture – this week’s Bible Interaction Tool Exercises include:
- Explore a topic
- Utilize outside resources
- Follow the cross-reference
- Consider the opposite
- Meditate on truth
- Pray Scripture
- God knows everything – 1 John 3:20
- Trusting man (or our own hearts) is not a good idea – Jeremiah 17:5-10
- God has never learned and cannot learn – Isaiah 40:13-14
- God’s knowledge is unfathomably deep – Romans 11:33-36
- Meditating on the depth of the knowledge of God
- AW Tozer’s book, “Knowledge of the Holy“
- God’s deep and purposeful knowledge – Isaiah 46:8-11
- The deeply personal nature of God’s knowledge – Psalm 90:8
- Our inability to “hide” from our all-knowing God – Psalm 139:7-12
- God’s steadfast love (despite knowing everything about us) – Isaiah 54:10
- Jen Wilkin’s book, “None Like Him“
- Praying for God to reveal and enlighten our hearts – Ephesians 1:16-21
Check out the official audio of the song on YouTube below.
More Than a Song Playlist
Follow the More Than a Song 2020 playlist in Spotify…new songs added each week!
- Lyrics – genius.com
- “What does it mean that God is omniscient?” – GotQuestions.org
- “The Knowledge of the Holy” by AW Tozer – Amazon.com
- “None Like Him” by Jen Wilkin – Amazon.com
This Week’s Challenge
Meditate on God’s omniscience this week — we’ve only scratched the surface. Follow-up on the listing of Scriptures found in the show notes to read them for yourself in context. Perhaps even consider reading one of the outside resources I referenced to increase your understanding of the attributes of God.