Have you ever heard something that sounded like it came from the Bible, but in fact, didn’t? Casting Crowns song “Love Moved First” reminded me of a phrase I sometimes hear that is just flat out wrong. In this case, the truth is so much more amazing.
Join me on a quest for truth in the book of John.
On this week’s episode I discuss:
- Taking a B.I.T.E. out of Scripture – this week’s Bible Interaction Tool Exercises include:
- Read in context
- Follow the cross references
- Complete a word study
- The 30 Day Music Challenge – SIGN UP HERE
- The error in the phrase “I found God”
- That salvation belongs to the Lord – John 6:44
- “The reason we think people are seeking after God when they’re not is that they are desperately and earnestly seeking for those things that only God can give them…” – Thomas Aquinas, a theologian from the middle ages
- Reading the context of John 6:45 by reading John 5-7
- Finding out “there is no one who seeks God” – Romans 3:10-12
- Following the cross references to Psalm 14 and Psalm 53
- How every aspect of man’s salvation is from God and is entirely dependent upon God — the only work of God for us is to believe in the one he has sent – John 6:29
- Completing a word study on the word “believe” from John 6:29 – BibleHub.com
- God’s will that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life
Check out the official audio of the song on YouTube below.
More Than a Song Playlist
Follow the More Than a Song 2020 playlist in Spotify…new songs added each week!
- Lyrics – Klove.com
- The story behind the song “Loved Moved First” by Casting Crowns – YouTube Video
- “What does it mean that God draws us to salvation?” – GotQuestion.org Article
- “If “no one seeks for God,” why did Paul call his listeners to seek God?” – Ligonier.org Video and Article
This Week’s Challenge
Read John 5-7. Focus in on John 6:24-70 — we didn’t get to all of it on the podcast today. Consider what the people were saying, asking, and believing. Read slowly and clearly what Jesus’ response is. Do the actual words of Jesus contradict anything you had previously believed? It’s really important for us to know what God’s Word actually says. I’m so proud of you for reading it for yourself.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download