When my daughter was in driver’s education, I experienced something first hand…you steer where you stare. As you become a more seasoned driver you may be able to take your eyes off of the road and not immediately swerve, but you cannot stay straight without fixing your eyes on the path ahead. Scripture confirms this, and King’s Kaleidoscope’s song “Fix Your Eyes” helps up meditate on this truth.
Let’s fix our eyes this week on what Scripture has to teach us about our faith and more.
On this week’s episode I discuss:
- Taking a B.I.T.E. out of Scripture – this week’s Bible Interaction Tool Exercises include:
- Complete a word study
- Read in context
- Use different translations
- The 30 Day Music Challenge – ACCEPT THE CHALLENGE HERE
- How I originally wanted to put word-for-word Scripture to song and how others do it better – Music and resources at seedsfamilyworship.com
- God’s Word is Truth. Don’t let Christian music be a substitute for God’s Word.
- Using song as a form of meditation – Psalm 119:15
- The Hebrew word translated “meditation” – Word Study on BibleHub
- Our Scripture focus areas – Hebrews 12:1-4, 2 Corinthians 4:17-18, Psalm 119:1-8
- Meditating on
- Fixing my eyes
- Jesus as the founder and finisher of my faith
- The phrase in the lyrics…”the solace in your suffering is my strength”
Check out the song on YouTube below…
More Than a Song Playlist
This Week’s Challenge
Spend some time in God’s Word this week. I recommend Hebrews 12, 2 Corinthians 4, and the first 8 verses of Psalm 119. They all join together as you pair it with meditation through singing “Fix My Eyes.” Allow God to unwind any faulty thinking you encounter as you give Him room to speak to your heart.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download