The symbols of Christmas have become the traditions of Christmas — traditions like an evening drive to see grand light displays. When you hear a song like “Christmas Lights” by Love & the Outcome, allow it to point your heart toward Jesus, the Light of the World.
You can’t consider the Christmas story without remembering the true Light that invaded the darkness when He put on flesh and dwelled among us.
In this episode, I discuss:
- Taking a B.I.T.E. out of Scripture – this week’s Bible Interaction Tool Exercises include:
- Read in context
- Listen to an audio version of the text
- Make a list
- Meditate on Scripture
- Use your imagination
- The 30 Day Music Challenge
- Seeing Jesus as the true light in John 1
- Following the cross-reference to Genesis 1
- Comparing and contrasting the themes we see in Genesis 1 and John 1
- Seeing Jesus in Zechariah’s prophecy over his son John – Luke 1:76-79
- Slowing down and letting the truths of Scripture sink in as we look at Christmas lights.
Enjoy the official music video of our inspiration song below.
More Than a Song Playlist
- Lyrics – New Release Today
This Week’s Challenge
Read John 1 and Genesis 1. Compare and contrast the themes of light and darkness, emptiness and fullness, void and life. Meditate on what you are reading. Think about truths (or even verses) you can bring to mind each time you take in the beauty of Christmas lights this season.