One of the main reasons listeners give for not reading the Bible for themselves is distraction. I’m right there with you. I can’t tell you the number of times I pick up my phone to do something, and my notifications send me off on the trail of distraction that leads to forgetting what I wanted to do on my phone in the first place. Sean Curran’s song “All Praise” reminds us to fix our eyes on God. This is to turn our attention to Him and His ways.
Let’s explore three Scripture areas that tell us what to fix our eyes on.
In this episode, I discuss the following:
- Taking a B.I.T.E. out of Scripture – this week’s Bible Interaction Tool Exercises include:
- Read in context
- Make a list
- Meditate on Scripture
- Passion Conferences and the longevity of them – Isaiah 26:8
- A response to the public recitation of God’s Word
- A previous episode on fixing our eyes – Episode 331
- Fixing our eyes on Jesus – Hebrews 12:2
- Noting the amount of unseen and unknown things people of faith persisted in – Hebrews 11
- Seeing with Spiritual eyes – Hebrews 11:3
- Making a list of things to do – Hebrews 12
- The results of Jesus as our example
- Fixing our eyes on the commandments of God – Psalm 119:6-7
- Making a list of reactions to God’s Word – Psalm 119:1-8
- The results of walking in, keeping, and seeking God’s Word in your life
- Fixing our eyes on eternal, unseen things – 2 Corinthians 4:18
- The veil of the Old Testament – Exodus 34
- The veil of the New Testament – 2 Corinthians 3
- The light of Christ causing us to see – 2 Corinthians 4:6
- Jesus’ teaching on how we gain sight – John 3
Your marching orders are to fix your eyes on the example of Christ, fix your eyes on the life giving Word of God, and don’t get distracted by the things we can see, but rather fix our eyes on the unseen.
Enjoy the official audio of the song below.
More Than a Song Playlist
- Lyrics – PassionMusic.com
- “All Praise” by Sean Curran chords and lyrics – WorshipTogether.com
- My new favorite Bible Study Software – Logos Bible Software Affiliate Link
This Week’s Challenge
Read Hebrews 12, Psalm 119, and 2 Corinthians 4 in context. Keep in mind what you can learn about where to fix your eyes. Identify and note the results of your undivided attention in these three areas. Use this week’s song as a reminder of what you’re learning as you read in context, make lists, and meditate on God’s Word. And by all means, don’t do this in a vacuum — share with a friend!