It’s a new year, and God longs for you to sit with Him in His Word. He wants to reveal Himself to you. He wants to unveil the mystery of His plan for His chosen people. God wants you to desire Him above all else. And He wants you to look like Him. This week we’ll fill your toolbox with Bible Interaction Tool Exercises you can put into practice this year. Rather than being inspired by a song to study, I found one that reflected my study.
Join me in the lyrics of Psalm 73 (both by Asaph and ForeverBeSure), and let’s put these BITEs into practice this week.
In this episode, I discuss the following:
- Taking a B.I.T.E. out of Scripture – this week’s Bible Interaction Tool Exercises include:
- Read in context
- Follow the cross-references
- Read in various translations
- Make a list
- Start with God
- Historical context
- Define words
- Share with a friend
- Listen to an audio version
- Pray Scripture
- Read the text aloud
- Remember, the people described in the Bible were REAL
- “Hinds’ Feet on High Places” by Hannah Hurnard – Amazon Paid Link
- Hannah Hurnard’s struggle with reading God’s Word and how she overcame it
- Using each BITE to study Psalm 73
- Using “Psalm 73” by ForeverBeSure to reflect on what you’ve studied
Are you willing to lay down your will on the altar? When you do, and then you open His Word, you will discover his voice is sweeter than any other.
Enjoy the official music video with the lyrics below.
More Than a Song Playlist
- Lyrics and sheet music for “Psalm 73” by ForeverBeSure – ForeverBeSure.com
- My new favorite Bible Study Software – Logos Bible Software Affiliate Link
This Week’s Challenge
Download the list of 15 Bible Interaction Tool Exercises and pull out Psalm 73 and apply these BITEs. Give yourself permission to do this over time, or pick and choose the BITEs you haven’t tried before.