Community. It’s a place where we have common interests and goals with other people. Once we are joined with other believers in Christ, we share the same Spirit and heritage. These truths are the foundation of the Scripture we will explore this week and are also found in the song, “No Man Is An Island,” by Tenth Avenue North.
This week we learn that we are not an island unto ourselves, we are part of something amazing…the body of Christ.
On this episode I discuss:
- The poem by John Donne that the phrase “no man is an island” comes from
- One Body with Many Parts – 1 Corinthians 12:12-26
- The number and variety of the members of the body of Christ
- The various duties represented in the body of Christ
- The intimate connection the body shares
- The common importance of the members of the body of Christ
Subscribe to More Than a Song in iTunes or Stitcher Radio and never miss an episode! [button href=”https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/more-than-a-song/id829432908?mt=2″ primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in iTunes[/button][button href=”http://app.stitcher.com/browse/feed/45801/details” primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in Stitcher Radio[/button]
If you have never heard this song before, you can watch the official music video on YouTube below.
Download the single or album by clicking the link below.
- Behind the Song – Air 1 Behind the Music on YouTube
- Behind the Song – New Release Today Article