What happens when God’s people unite in prayer? Well, I suppose it depends. It depends on their motives, on whether they are surrendered to God’s will, and ultimately on what they are asking for. Tauren Well’s song, “When We Pray,” inspired me to sit in Acts 3 and 4 this week to see what the early church prayed for.
I love the quote at the beginning of the music video, “If God answered the prayers you have been praying, would it change anyone else’s world but your own?”
On this episode I discuss:
- Taking a B.I.T.E. out of Scripture – this week’s Bible Interaction Tool Exercises include:
- Read in context
- Make a list
- Follow the cross reference
- Consult an outside resource
- Where my love of the book of Acts is rooted
- What led up to the prayer meeting – Acts 3 and 4 (see Episode 38)
- Our focus area – Acts 4:23-31
- Using characteristics and names of God discovered in Scripture to launch into your own powerful prayers with others – Acts 4:24
- Making the connection between Scripture and historical events and current experiences
- Following the cross reference to Psalm 2
- How the early church looked around at current events and connected it to Scripture – Acts 4:27-28
- Unpacking the request of this group of believers – Acts 4:29-30
- Consulting an outside resource – What Happens When Women Pray by Evelyn Christenson
- The answer God gave to their prayer
Subscribe/Follow More Than a Song and never miss an episode! [button href=”https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/more-than-a-song/id829432908?mt=2″ primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in iTunes[/button][button href=”http://app.stitcher.com/browse/feed/45801/details” primary=”false” centered=”false”]Subscribe in Stitcher Radio[/button][button href=”https://open.spotify.com/show/0gkDArs6fXJuKKjOXwtVtg” primary=”false” centered=”false” newwindow=”false”]Follow in Spotify[/button]
If you have never heard this song before, you can watch the official music video on YouTube below.
This Week’s Challenge
Click Below to Listen to the Podcast Now!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download