It’s important to stop and remember the Lord. I don’t do that nearly enough. I’m always on to the next thing. The people of God needed to do this as well. Instructions in this matter were even left for us to benefit from as well.
Join me in Deuteronomy as we take a moment to pause to remember what the Lord has taught us.
On this episode I discuss:
- Taking a B.I.T.E. out of Scripture – this week’s Bible Interaction Tool Exercises include:
- Read in context
- Read and keep on reading
- Journal your conversation with God
- Moses’ encouragement to God’s people to obey and to remember:
- Deuteronomy 4:1-2
- Deuteronomy 4:9
- Deuteronomy 4:40
- Deuteronomy 5:1
- Deuteronomy 5:32
- Deuteronomy 6:3
- Deuteronomy 6:10-12
- A night to remember
- Reading in Deuteronomy and considering:
- why Moses would emphasize obedience and remembrance so much
- what area(s) of your life you are pushing back on obeying God and in what ways it might not be going so well for you
- scheduling a time for you to journal and celebrate some milestones in your own life
- Remembering how my perspective changed about “refining” in Episode #126
- Remembering what I learned from Thomas in Episode #58
- Remembering to lead with joy in Episode #224
Subscribe to/Follow More Than a Song and never miss an episode!
Follow the More Than a Song 2019 playlist in Spotify…new songs added each week!
This Week’s Challenge
Read Deuteronomy 1-6 for yourself. If you’re so inclined…keep reading! Make note of each time Moses emphasizes obedience and remembrance. Consider what area of your life you are pushing back on obeying God and in what ways it might not be going so well for you. Journal your conversation with God and write down some milestones from your own life.
Click Below to Listen to the Podcast Now!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download