Helen Keller once said, “I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do.” This quote has been next to my computer for over 15 years. I am reminded of it and of what James has to say about our faith being evident through our actions every time I hear Matthew West’s song, “Do Something.”
I want a faith that is vibrant and alive. Don’t you? We’ll discuss this and more on this week’s episode.
On this episode I discuss:
- Taking a B.I.T.E. out of Scripture – this week’s Bible Interaction Tool Exercises include:
- Read in context
- Study in various translations
- Complete a word study
- Our memory verse in context – James 2:14-20
- Definition of faith found in Hebrews 11:1
- How we are saved through faith by grace so that we can DO SOMETHING – Ephesians 2:8-10
- The story behind the song as told by Matthew West
- A word study on the word for “action” found in our memory verse
- Ideas on where we can start to “do something”
Subscribe to/Follow More Than a Song and never miss an episode!
If you have never heard this song before, you can watch the official music video on YouTube below.
Follow the More Than a Song 2019 playlist in Spotify…new songs added each week!
- Download “Do Something” from iTunes
- James 2:17 in the Amplified Bible
- Story behind the song found in New Release Tuesday
- Ezekiel 18:5-9
- James 1:26-27
- Hope for Opelousas
- Compassion International
- A21 Campaign
This Week’s Challenge
Read James 2 in context. To me that means read the chapter before through to the chapter after your focus chapter. And if you’re going to do that…just read the whole book of James! Use BibleHub.com to click on the interlinear of James 2:17. Click on the Greek word for “action” and complete a word study for yourself. Ask God to make these truths come alive for you.
Click Below to Listen to the Podcast Now!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download