Have you ever read about people who have been given a new lease on life? Perhaps it was a medical breakthrough or second chance, but their lives changed completely. These examples pale in comparison to what happens when we are made alive with Christ. Big Daddy Weave sings about it in their new song, “Alive.”
Paul writes about it in his letter to the Ephesians. Let’s explore it together!
On this episode I discuss:
- Taking a B.I.T.E. out of Scripture – this week’s Bible Interaction Tool Exercises include:
- Read and keep on reading
- Read in context
- Listen to an audio version of Scripture
- Refer to an introduction/historical context
- Write Scripture in your own words
- How our lyrics were inspired by Ephesians 2:1-10
- Being able to put something in your own words shows a higher level of comprehension
- Listing out some of the desires of the body and the mind that you carried out before you became a follower of Christ
- Considering who we follow — because it’s either Christ or the prince of the power of the air
- Our nature – Ephesians 2:3
- What we must do for the free gift of salvation – Ephesians 2:8-9
- Heather Holleman’s book “SEATED: Living Freely in a Culture of Comparison” – Amazon Link
- We are no longer dead. We are alive. We belong. We have a seat. Now we are free to carry out the things God has prepared in advance for us to do. – Ephesians 2:10
Subscribe to/Follow More Than a Song and never miss an episode!
If you have never heard this song before, you can watch the official music video on YouTube below.
Follow the More Than a Song 2019 playlist in Spotify…new songs added each week!
- Chords and lyrics – “Alive” by Big Daddy Weave – Praise Charts
This Week’s Challenge
Read or listen to Ephesians…the whole letter. Then focus your study time on Ephesians 2:1-10. Try to write it out in your own words. Consider what it means to follow Christ versus following the course of this world. Ponder what it looks like to be seated with Christ instead of fighting for a seat.
Click Below to Listen to the Podcast Now!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download