I love to talk about Jesus. There’s a lot to say about Him. If we spent our entire lives plumbing the depths of Scripture, we would never come to an end. This is why I love Anne Wilson’s new song, “My Jesus.” She gives me a reason to talk about Him a little more.
Join me this week as we explore Christ’s deity and humanity.
In this episode, I discuss:
- Taking a B.I.T.E. out of Scripture – this week’s Bible Interaction Tool Exercises include:
- Read larger chunks of Scripture
- Consult outside resources
- Make a list
- Look up definitions
- Read in various translations
- Read in context
- The 30 Day Music Challenge
- How the study of Christ is known as Christology
- How we can’t cover everything about Jesus in 20 minutes – John 21:25
- How the creeds were ways to affirm core beliefs
- Learning to understand that Jesus is fully God and fully man
- A chunk of Scripture in Colossians all about Jesus – Colossians 1:15-20
- Making a list of truths about Jesus found in our focus Scripture
- Knowing that if you’ve seen Jesus you’ve seen the Father – John 15:8-11
- Understanding that Jesus was part of creation in the beginning – John 1:1-3
- Meditating on the preeminence of Christ (or not) in my own life
- A chunk of Scripture in Philippians all about Jesus – Philippians 2:6-8
- Discovering that the humanity of Christ leads to Jesus as our example – Philippians 2:3-5
Enjoy the official lyric video below.
More Than a Song Playlist
- Lyrics and chords – WorshipTogether.com
- Anne Wilson artist profile – NewReleaseToday.com
- “What is Kenosis?” – GotQuestions.org Article
This Week’s Challenge
Spend some time in Colossians 1 and Philippians 2 this week. Make a list of what these sections of Scripture teach us about Jesus. Then take each truth one by one and meditate on them this week.